Academic Programs

The listings leading to an undergraduate degree and graduate degree are available online in the Academic Catalog. The School of Law’s Academic Program information is also available on the School of Law’s website.

Course materials

Undergraduate and graduate course material are available online at the University Supply Store.  To the extent it is available, the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) and retail price information of required and recommended textbooks for students is also available in the schedule of classes through MyBama.  For more information, contact The University Supply Store (SUPeStore).  Course materials for the School of Law classes are available online in the textbook listing on the School of Law’s website.

Intercollegiate Athletic Program

By October 15th of each year, the University prepares an Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) report, which includes Athletic Participation Rates and Financial Support Data. To request a paper copy of the report, contact The Office of Strategic Communications.

Internal Complaint Process

Information about the University’s Internal Complaint Process for students regarding educational programs and contact information for filing complaints with the University’s accrediting agency, and/or regarding state approval or licensing for distance learning programs, and/or for complaints regarding state consumer protection laws is available through the Office of the Provost’s website.  The Provost’s website for internal complaints also provides additional details concerning other complaint processes at the University, including the on-line student complaint and appeal process and the School of Law’s student complaint process

State Authorization and Professional Licensure

The University of Alabama seeks to deliver degree programs and course offerings in every state, working through the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) where applicable, or directly with states to ensure that required approvals are secured. The state of Alabama is a member of NC-SARA and The University of Alabama is an approved NC-SARA institution. For more information about NC-SARA, please visit NC-SARA.

Additionally, The University of Alabama offers degree programs that may lead to professional licensure, and licensure requirements vary from one profession to another and from state to state. If you are interested in obtaining professional licensure, please check with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice. Additional information can be found at

Student Accounts

Price of attendance at the University for all students, including a complete list of current costs for the current year, is available at Student Account Services.  The total annual cost of attendance as well as scholarship and financial aid eligibility, is captured in the Net Price Calculator. Refunds may be issued to students if sufficient funds exist to create credit balances and in accordance with the University withdrawal policy.  Additional information about the Impact of Withdrawal on Federal Financial Aid, Loans and Scholarships is captured in the University’s withdrawal policy. The University’s Undergraduate Student Withdrawal Policy (from the University, from a course, or when called to active military duty) is available in the Academic Catalog.  The Withdrawal Policy for graduate students is captured in the Graduate Catalog and the withdrawal policy for law students is captured in the School of Law Student Handbook.

Student Diversity

Student Diversity at the University, including the number of enrolled full-time students by gender and race/ethnicity, is captured by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.  More detailed information is available in the Common Data Set. The School of Law is required to capture Enrollment data by the ABA and it is updated annually.  The Graduate School captures gender and race/ethnicity in its Graduate Student Population report.

Student Financial Assistance

Federal assistance is available from Federal, State and Institutional Programs. The list includes Federal Pell Grants, Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, and many others.  The process for applying for scholarships varies based on whether you are an entering freshman, a transfer student, or a currently enrolled student.

Financial support in the form of assistantships, fellowships and scholarships are available to qualified graduate students. In most cases, assistantships and fellowships include a full-tuition scholarship, health insurance and a generous stipend.  Further details are found in the Financial Assistance section of the Academic Catalog.  Additionally, the School of Law offers scholarship opportunities for Law students.

Satisfactory Academic Progress must be maintained to remain eligible for federal financial aid.  Additionally, there are financial aid penalties that exist for Drug Law ViolationsThe Student Financial Aid website contains information about eligibility requirements and procedures to apply for aid; criteria for selecting recipients and determining amount of award; methods and frequency of disbursements; financial aid terms and conditions; and student rights and responsibilities.

Notices about exit counseling or promissory notes for Institutional Loans are available thru ECSI.   Federal Direct Loan notices concerning entrance counseling, exit counseling and promissory notes are available on the Federal Student Aid website.  Students should be aware of the Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans.  For more information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Student Handbook

UA’s rules, regulations, and policies applicable to students are found in the Student Handbook. Because this handbook may be revised from semester to semester, it is the responsibility of the student to view revisions online or to obtain revisions from the Office of Student Conduct.  The Graduate Catalog includes all rules, regulations, and policies for graduate students.  Law Students are also subject the Law School Handbook and Law School Honor Code.

Required immunizations need to be completed and verified prior to registering for coursework.  UA’s Health Requirements for Registration Policy provides additional details concerning screening and required immunization forms.  Additional information can be found on the Immunization Control website.

The SOURCE provides a complete list of opportunities for students to become involved in the campus through recognized student organizations.  With over 600 such organizations, the choices are endless and represent options for varied leadership/advocacy roles important to the overall education of our student body.  For more information, contact The Office of Student Involvement.

Student Outcomes

Enrollment data, Retention Rate for First-time Freshmen, Graduation Rate, Transfer-out Rate, and Graduate and Professional Education Placement (including the types of programs in which graduates are enrolled) is available on the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment’s (OIRA) website.  For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Research and AssessmentStudent learning outcome information for Law students is available on the School of Law website.  The Graduate School student graduation data is also maintained on the OIRA website. Each academic degree program (undergraduate and graduate) must provide yearly reports regarding student learning outcomes in Taskstream, the University’s online assessment management system. For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE).

Information about Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid is available at the Office of the University Registrar’s website.

Transfer Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements

Information about Transfer Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements is available through the Office of the University Registrar. Transfer credit for the School of Law is available on the Law School website.  Graduate School transfer credit information is available in the Graduate School Catalog.